Basic Information Regarding a Quit Claim Deed

  Posted on November 2, 2012
divorce house finances

Many divorces involve selling the marital residence or transfer of it from one spouse to the other. In order to remove a spouse from a property deed post divorce, a quit claim deed must be filed. Your spouse must agree to the transfer. You cannot remove them from the property deed without their consent. The quit claim deed should be mentioned in your Marital Dissolution Agreement. Your divorce attorney can draft the quit claim deed. Make sure that your attorney files this quit claim deed at the courthouse to make it official.

Posted in: Finances